Sunclass Airlines, part of Nordic Leisure Travel Group, is now looking for an engineer or pilot who is passionate about aircraft performance and flight planning.
About the job
The Head of Flight Ops Support and Engineering is accountable to the Director of Flight Operation. You will be responsible for the aircraft performance and weight balance calculation. You are the owner of the OM-C planning binder and will update it when new routes or airports are introduced. New aircrafts and new airports/routes will be calculated and analysed to deliver an estimated payload to our commercial department. Subcharter calculations will also be performed by flights ops engineering. The Head of Flight Ops Engineering will participate in meetings in this area and stay informed about developments and regulations in this field.
Fuel efficiency and fuel reporting is also a part of the task for The Head of Flight Ops Engineering. You will be responsible for the performance tool used by the pilots and for the navigation charts to the pilots. These are distributed and updated through our EFB and LIDO application. The Head of Flight Ops Support and Engineering should suggest fuel saving initiatives to the DFO.
You will participate in meeting with Airbus, Rolls Royce, and other relevant third parties.
Finally, you will run a team of highly skilled personnel and assist our operation control center (OCC).
Your tasks will be, but not limited to:
- Keep an updated list of weight and balance of the aircrafts in Sunclass Airlines
- Updated and current OM-C, planning binder and operational aircraft library
- Calculation of aircraft performance factor
- Responsible for the performance tool, flysmart – this is to be updated and kept current for the route network and aircrafts used by the company
- Calculations of optimum route planning and fuel efficiency
- Owner of the navigation charts, LIDO and flight planning system, flight keys, the maintenance of the backend database
- Reporting to authorities around fuel (fuel scheme)
- Owner of the performance manual
- Responsible for training OCC personnel in flight planning and to supervise the performance of OCC in these matters
- Maintenance of the FMGC database of the aircrafts
- Perform ETOPS planning
- Performance engineering education or experience
- Analytical capabilities
- Mathematical skills
- Knowledge of EASA regulations and performance requirements
- Strong understanding of aircraft performance and aerodynamics
- Experience with airline flight planning
We prefer you have
- Experience with flysmart
- Experience with LIDO
- Experience with ETOPS and NAT-HLA planning
- Experience with liaison with Airbus and Navblue
You are detail-oriented person who can work independently and proactively. We work across departments and cultures and thrive to deliver an efficient and effective solution.
We offer an exciting and developing working environment and the possibility to make a career internally in Nordic Leisure Travel Group. You will have a varied workday with speed and many tasks to dive into. Knowledge sharing and collaboration are paramount, as we work across the Nordic countries to ensure the best weeks of the year for our customers. We love our work and look forward to welcoming you on our journey in Nordic Leisure Travel Group.
We also offer several employee benefits such as health insurance, canteen, and staff discount on travel. Our office is located at Copenhagen Airport South in Dragør with free parking and bus just outside the door.
The position is a full-time, permanent employment. Working hours will primarily be Monday to Friday during office hours and with the possibility to work from home.
Apply no later than March 31. We will perform interviews on an ongoing basis, so please apply as soon as possible.
Contact: If you have any questions, please contact Director of Flight Operations at Sunclass Airlines Nicolai Bondo Rasmussen at email@example.com.
Since you will be employed by an airline and have access to the airport area, it is a prerequisite that you can be security cleared and maintain this security clearance.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
About Sunclass Airlines
We are a workplace with great knowledge and a drive to constantly contribute to improving our company. We care for each other with the vision of being ”the leading holiday company dedicated to well-being”.
Sunclass Airlines is part of the Nordic Leisure Travel Group (NLTG), which consists of the tour operators Spies in Denmark, Ving and Globetrotter in Sweden, Ving in Norway, Tjäreborg in Finland, and the hotel company Resorts & Hotels. Sunclass Airlines flies the majority of the travel group’s guests to our charter destinations and has approx. 1.000,000 travelers per year.Udløber: 31.03.2023